Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Too sexy for my job?

I found this article on being a Data Scientist: The sexiest Job no one has

It could be a case of 'the grass is greener' syndrome but this is the job I want and I think Im on the way to getting it :) ... to me, its an exciting prospect that 'the universe (is) one large data set' ... *big data* indeed ;)


Now here come the 'damned lies and statistics'... Gartner estimates that there will be 4.4 million IT jobs created to support data analysis in just the next two years... and about half of those will be outside the US... I wonder what the stats say for data scientist jobs being generated in Australia?

I wonder what qualifications and experience I will *really*need, maybe its all that geeky stuff I keep hearing about...

- watch The Big Bang Theory religiously ... maths, science, history, unravelling the mystery ... (tick)
- can recite the script of The Matrix, 1, 2 and 3 (tick)
- think that leela and amy are hot (tick)
- yada, yada, yada (tick)

... oh, oh, what's this....

- PhD is advanced statistics

... darn, I was really close... well there's something to work on!

I just hope this 'wave' is really and not all sexy hype... cue LMFAO ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment